Ozone is a form of oxygen that displays anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and fungicidal action when it is mixed with medical grade oxygen in a carefully controlled medical environment. This makes ozone a treatment of choice for certain conditions such as spinal pain and arthritis and as and adjunct treatment for others.
Although ozone’s medicinal effects were discovered in the 19th century and used for wound treatment during World War I, equipment that was capable of reliably delivering pure oxygen-ozone mixtures was not available until the late 1950s. Since then, medical ozone has been used in a variety of methods to treat humans and animals.
We invite patients seeking help for intestinal problems, poor wound healing, skin conditions and chronic joint pain from San Jose to Sacramento to give us a call at 925.277.1100 or send us an email. Gracer Medical Group is on Norris Canyon Road in San Ramon, just off Crow Canyon Road. We tackle medical conditions that are difficult to treat like pain management for people from Bakersfield to communities near us like Walnut Creek, Danville, Dublin and Pleasanton.
What is ozone therapy? It involves mixing small and carefully controlled amounts of ozone and medical grade oxygen and then introducing the mixture into the body by various means. It has proven effective in treating chronic bacterial and viral infections that don’t respond well to conventional antibiotic treatments. It is also in widespread use for the treatment of musculoskeletal and spinal disc conditions.
The result – a powerful oxidant, ozone delivers a ‘shock’ to the body. This activates the antioxidant systems, causing the release of cytokines and other immune stimulating factors that lead to healing. Men and women from Chico to San Jose have found pain relief with ozone therapy.
Key Benefits of Ozone Therapy:
- Helps heal –
- Conditions that don’t respond to conventional medicine.
- Chronic infections.
- Painful ligaments and joints.
- Stimulates the body’s own healing mechanisms.
- Relieves pain.
- Treats intervertebral disc protrusions and herniations non-surgically.
Intradiscal Ozone Discolysis:
For the non-surgical treatment of disc protrusions and other painful disc conditions.
Also similar to a discogram, a needle is placed into the disc. A mixture of ozone and oxygen is then injected into the disc. This decreases intradiscal pressure and initiates a large anti-inflammatory effect that leads to healing. This treatment method is common in Italy where it was developed, as well as in many other countries all over the world. Several large studies have been published that show the efficacy of this procedure.
Dr. Gracer currently has a study underway using this treatment modality and is the first physician in the United States to use this safe and effective modality.
At Gracer Medical Group, we use ozone therapy to treat a variety of conditions:
- Spinal Pain and sciatica Paraspinal, intra-muscular injection in the areas of disc protrusions and lax ligaments. Epidural and intradiscal injections for disc protrusions and sciatica
- Arthritis, rheumatism, and other joint diseases
Intra-articular (joint) injection
- Herpes, and arthritis Auto hemotherapy (AHT). A small amount of the patient’s blood is removed and treated with a mixture of ozone and oxygen, and then re-injected or re-infused into the patient.
- Slow-healing wounds, burns, skin ulcers, gangrene, and some skin infections Ozone bagging. A mixture of ozone and oxygen is pumped into an airtight bag surrounding the area to be treated. The mixture is absorbed into body tissues through the skin. Olive oil specially treated with ozone is also prescribed for home use
- Macular degenerationRepeated treatments with AHT
- Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease
Rectal insufflation. A mixture of ozone and oxygen is introduced into the rectum and absorbed through the intestines. AHT is also used. ( currently this procedure is not being offered at our clinic)
- Fungal infections, insect bites and stings, acne, and similar skin problems Ozonated olive oil. Ozone is bubbled through olive or sunflower oil to form a cream or salve that is applied to the affected area.
- Wounds, burns, and skin infections, or to treat the mouth following dental surgery Ozonated water. Ozone is bubbled through water, which is then used to cleanse or disinfect the affected area.
If you live int eh Diablo Valley or near Oakland, Sacramento, or San Jose and you need relief from chronic pain, call 925.277.1100 or send us an email. Gracer Medical Group on Norris Canyon Road in San Ramon–just off Crow Canyon Road–serves the pain management needs of Californians from Bakersfield to Chico, as well as patients in the nearby communities of Walnut Creek, Danville, Dublin and Pleasanton.
More about Ozone Therapy